My family adores nachos. I make all types of nachos, but this has become one our favorites lately. It is a nice change from taco seasoning, and it tastes delicious. It has all of the components of a cheeseburger but it is such a fun way to eat it! I serve this with my famous burger sauce and it is the perfect Sunday Football Appetizer.
Give this one a try. Your family and taste buds will thank you!
An all American classic served on a tortilla chip, need I say more?
Credit: CrazySexySavor.com Susan Mangieri-Maurath
- 1 lb. of ground beef
- 1 onion diced, reserve half for garnishing nachos
- 1 1/2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 slices of yellow American cheese
- 1 tbsp. of cream cheese
- 2 tsp. of Montreal Steak seasoning
- 1 bag of your favorite tortilla chips
- 1 cup of diced tomatoes
- 1 cup of diced dill pickeles
- 1 cup of shredded lettuce
- diced tomatoes
- yellow mustard
- Kosher salt and cracked black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425°
- In a large frying pan over medium high heat, add a tbsp. of EVOO and saute onion until translucent and soft, add in chop meat and brown through. Season with Montreal steak seasoning and a tsp. of worchesshire. When fully cooked add in yellow American cheese and cream cheese, mix well.
- On a large sheet pan in a single layer add tortilla chips, add meat over the top of chips, sprinkle with cheddar cheese, add another layer of chips, meat and cheese. Bake about 15 minutes, checking at about 10 minutes to ensure cheese is melted. Do not over bake. Remove from oven, immediately drizzle with ketchup and mustard, add tomatoes, pickles and shredded lettuce, top with garnish of chopped onions. You can transfer to a separate plate or serve right on tray what is what I usually wind up doing because my family can’t help but dig in as soon as it hits the counter! Devour.