I love fish, and making it En Pappilote, which simply means in foil in French. Baking it this way yields a tender, flaky, incredibly moist and delicious fish. I am technically using parchment paper, but foil would work. These little packets of white fish goodness are not only quick and easy, but healthy as well. I am using a scant amount of butter, at least in my book, for the flavor is in the seasoning, garlic, and delicate taste of lemon. I love having this all in one packet for ease in cleaning, as well as having everything I desire in one spot. Got my protein and veg and I am a happy, happy girl!
Give this one a try, it is a breeze to make and a great weeknight throw together, that is so much better than take out!
Flounder En Pappilote with Garlic Butter and Spinach
A simple and elegant way to have steamed fish that's healthy and so delish!
- If your filets are super thin like mine, you can use two per packet, if they are large one is perfect. Credit: CrazySexySavor.com/Susan Mangieri-Maurath
- 1 lb. of flounder filet
- 1 tbsp. of unsalted butter
- 1 drizzle of EVOO
- 3 cloves of minced garlic
- zest of one lemon
- Juice of one lemon (Reserve four of five slices of lemon for atop the fish)
- 1 tsp. of lemon pepper seasoning
- 1 lb. of spinach cleaned and dry
- Kosher salt
- Parchment paper, four medium squares
- Preheat oven to 425°
- Rinse fish and pat dry well. Season generously with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl in the microwave melt butter. Add in minced garlic, lemon pepper, lemon zest and juice. Mix well and set aside.
- Take on square of parchment and line with a generous amount of spinach. Top with flounder, pour a bit of the garlic lemon butter over the top. Top with a lemon slice. To fold. Take the two sides crosswise, begin to twist the length of the package, ensuring to close tightly tucking ends under for adequate cooking of the fish. Continue the same fashion for each packet. Place on baking sheet.
- Bake packets for 15-18 minutes. Fish is done when packets begin to blow up from steam. Allow to sit about four to five minutes before cutting open. Serve immediately. Devour!
Total Calories 139 calories per serving of four servings Added Sugars 0 Calories Saturated Fat 22 Calories Nutrients Amount Per Portion Protein 19 g Carbohydrate 3 g Dietary Fiber 0 g Total Sugars 0 g Added Sugars 0 g Total Fat 6 g Saturated Fat 2 g Monounsaturated Fat 2 g Polyunsaturated Fat 1 g Linoleic Acid 0 g α-Linolenic Acid 0.1 g