One of my favorite breads to make is banana bread. My teens have been inhaling this bread since the time they were toddlers.
It is the prefect Saturday morning accompaniment to a warm plate of eggs and bacon, or as an afternoon snack with a cup of tea! Or a sneaky late night snack that only you and the dog know about!! Shhh!
This bread is so delish on it’s own you don’t need to add a thing. You can however top with butter but I never do!
I hope you give this a try!
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
A lucious deliciously moist bread that is the prefect lazy day indulgient treat!
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 to 4 medium bananas, overly ripe (here’s your chance to use those brown specked bananas)
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 3/4 cup of sugar
- 1/2 cup of sour cream
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup walnuts chopped optional
- 3/4 cup of chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter and flour an 8 1/2-inch-by-4 1/2-inch loaf pan.
- Whisk the flour, baking soda, salt and together, set aside.In a medium bowl, mash bananas into a paste. Whisk the melted butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla into the bananas until blended.
- Add the dry ingredients slowly in increments, stirring gently with each addition until the batter is smooth. Stir in nuts.
- Pour batter into the pan and even out the top. Bake 55 to 75 minutes, or until a knife inserted into the center of the bread comes out clean, if banana bread looks like it is browning too quickly, loosely cover with aluminum foil.
- When the bread is done, transfer pan to a wire rack to cool for 5 minutes. Unmold the bread and slice as needed. Serve immediately or wrap any extras in plastic wrap.
Store extras at room temperature or in the refrigerator. I never have leftovers laying around! 😊