This is a healthy meal made on a sheet pan. You have your protein and veg right there, less mess, easy cleanup, and dinner is ready in 45 minutes, depending on the size of your chicken pieces. This is a low fat dish and can be reduced even further if you use low fat mayonnaise. Roasting the broccoli in this dish makes it so flavorful, even your pickiest of eaters will eat their broccoli.
I hope you give this one a try. It really is a tasty and figure friendly dish, that doesn’t have you feeling deprived!
Mustard Glazed Lemon Chicken with Roasted Broccolini
A healthy roasted one pan meal that's nutritious and delicious!
- You can substitute regular broccoli florets if you can’t find broccolini.
- 6-8 pieces of bone-in chicken, I used thighs, legs, and wings.
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- 3 1 tbsp. of Dijon Mustard
- 2 lemons one sliced one for juicing
- 2 1/2 tsp. of mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp. of EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil)
- 1 tbsp. of fresh tarragon
- 1 tsp. of Italian Seasoning
- red pepper flakes to desired heat level
- Kosher salt and cracked black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- In a large bowl, combine Dijon mustard, lemon juice, mayonnaise, tarragon, salt and black pepper. Whisk in oil, drizzling and whisking to make an emulsion. Season chicken pieces well with salt and pepper, both sides. Dredge in bowl, coating each piece front and back with mixture.
- Lightly oil sheet pan, place chicken pieces skin side up. Sprinkle with Italian seasoning, each piece, lightly don’t over do. Place sliced lemon on sheet pan and place chicken on top of lemon slices. Roast in oven for 30 minutes. Remove pan from oven and make room for the broccolini, season with salt and red pepper flakes to suit taste, drizzle with EVOO, and place in oven to finish roasting, another 15 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Remove from oven. Let rest for 10 minutes, then serve immediately. Devour!
One Comment Add yours
Nice recipe 🙂