I am a big fan of freshly baked cookies, fresh out of the oven. There is nothing better than a warm chewy chocolate chip cookie except when you double down and make them extra chocolaty. Made my kiddos a batch of chocolate chunk cookies last night and the fam went crazy for them. Obligatory milk and all! I love seeing my kids happy!
I recommend refrigerating them before you bake them off. Since I have been doing this my chocolate chip cookies have been off the hook! It makes a biigg difference! Try it and see. I promise this will up your cookie game!
Dreamy Chocolate Chunk Cookies
A dreamy mix of cocoa and chocolate chunks !
- Refrigerate your dough for at least 30 min. They bake so much better! These are so moist and cake like with the addition of the Nutella. It is a sexy cookie!
Credit: CrazySexySavor.com/Susan Mangieri-Maurath
- 2 1/4 cups of unbleached flour
- 2 sticks of unsalted butter softened
- 1 cup of sugar, or vanilla sugar (I used vanilla flavored by two vanilla beans)
- 3/4 cup of light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup of cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. of baking soda
- Pinch of Kosher salt
- 3 tbsp. of Nutella Spread
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp. of vanilla
- 1 whole pkg. of chocolate chunk chips (I used Ghirardelli)
- Preheat oven to 375° Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl combine flour, salt, baking powder set aside.
- In a mixer bowl, using a stand mixer, combine butter, and sugars and cocoa powder, cream well. Add in vanilla, Nutella, and eggs, mix well. Add in dry ingredients, except chips. Mix well to combine just until batter begins to pull away from sides. Remove from mixer, stir in chocolate chunks with wooden spoon. Using a cookie scoop or tablespoon, spoon cookie dough using a tablespoon cookie scoop in round balls onto prepared parchment lined sheet.
- Bake for 9-10 minutes. Remove from oven, let cool for one to two minutes. Then remove to cool on cookie rack. Hide from family so you will have some to enjoy for later while watching Ray Donovan! 🙂 Devour!