By now it’s no secret that I love cooking for my family. My kids are so use to telling me they are craving a particular food knowing I will whip it up for them most times on the spot. It’s one of the many joys of motherhood to me, making my family happy and making them feel valued and loved.
My Danielle is like her Mom, she loves spicy food, and buffalo anything! I made these for a party a few years ago and they have been overshadowed by my crab Rangoon. These are the perfect appetizer and store-bought wonton wrappers make these a breeze. I often make my own wonton wrappers but to save time store bought are perfectly fine.
I hope you give these a try. I think they will be your new go to appetizer.
Danielle's Favorite Buffalo Chicken Wonton
The perfect party appetizer with a spicy creamy filling, that's full of flavor and so delish!
- Leftover chicken is perfect for this recipe, shred it and add to buffalo sauce. You can decrease this recipe to accommodate for smaller servings. You can add cheddar cheese if you’d like but the creaminess from the cream cheese is more than enough!
Credit: CrazySexySavor.com/Susan Mangieri-Maurath
- 1 3/4 cups of cooked shredded chicken
- 1/2 cup of melted butter
- 1/2 cup of hot sauce (Texas Pete’s preferred)
- 2 tsp. of honey
- 4 oz. or half a package of softened cream cheese
- 1 1/2 tsp. of white wine or apple cider vinegar
- 1 pkg. of wonton wrappers
- 1 egg white
- Kosher salt and cracked black pepper to taste
- Blue cheese dressing for dipping or Siracha ranch dipping sauce if desired
- In a large bowl, mix melted butter, hot sauce, honey, and vinegar. Let sit for about 20 minutes. at room temp, before.
- In a medium bowl add chicken, season with salt, pepper, and cayenne. Mix well to incorporate. Add to cooled hot sauce mixture. Blending well.
- In a small bowl add egg white, mix well, this will be the “glue” that seals the wonton. Begin to take a teaspoonful of the buffalo chicken mixture, with your finger dip into egg white and move it around the perimeter of the wonton, forming a triangle seal the wonton shut tightly. Arrange on parchment lined baking sheet, assemble all the same way.
- In a Dutch oven or large frying pan, add oil and let get hot over medium high heat, when oil has reached 375 ° begin adding wontons about four or five at a time, moving them around with a spider or slotted spoon so they don’t stick, let fry until wontons are light golden brown and float to top. Let drain on baking sheet lined with a wire rack. Serve immediately with dipping sauce if desired. Devour!
3 Comments Add yours
Reblogged this on mamabatesmotel.
Looks too tasty 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person
LikeLiked by 1 person