This dip is so flippin‘ go tood it’s addictive. It begins with fresh corn lightly charred on the stove top grill pan with smokey cumin and chili powder it takes this dip over the top! I like to use jalapeños in this as I use the chipotle chili flakes for the spice factor. You can mix up the cheese you use in this but I love the shredded Mexican blend in this but you could use Monterey Jack or even sharp cheddar if you prefer.
You could make this with frozen corn and cook it in the spice blend but fresh corn is boss in this!
This Spicy Tex Mex Corn Dip, is the perfect party dip when you need something different!
I hope you give this a try! It really is so delicious!
Spicy Tex Mex Corn Dip
A simple and delicious dip with a little heat and luscious creamy goodness that tastes amazing!
An inverted bowl inside a large glass bowl makes this easy to remove kernels. A bundt pan can alternately be used. I have the corn horizontal here to show you the corn, but you place it vertically to remove the kernels with ease. A sharp knife makes this a breeze!
Just a wee bit of hot sauce makes this dip mildly spicy and so delish!
Make sure to season and taste. Layering flavors is key to any good dish, and sets your cooking apart and is the difference between a novice and a chef!
Luscious cream corn goodness. It tastes amazing. Serve with tortilla chips or crudities. It is the perfect dip!
- 4 or 5 ears of corn silks removed
- 1 1/2 cups of Mexican blend shredded cheese divided
- hot pepper sauce to taste, a few good splashes
- 8 oz. of softened cream cheese
- 1/2 cup of sour cream
- 1/2 cup of mayonnaise
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 jalapeno diced
- 1 clove of garlic minced
- 1 1/2 tsp. of chili powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. of cumin
- 2 1/2 tsp. of chipotle chili flakes
- Kosher salt and cracked black pepper to taste
- canola oil
- Preheat oven to 350°. Set a grill pan to medium high heat, season corn with chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper. Add some EVOO to grill pan and begin to char the corn on the cob, turning frequently for about 6 minutes or so. Remove from heat. Set corn aside to cool.
- In the mixing bowl of a stand mixer combine sour cream, cream cheese, mayonnaise and 1/2 cup of cheese. Mix well to combine and set aside. In a large glass bowl fitted with and inverted bowl, begin to remove kernels with a sharp knife, moving down the length of the corn and placing it on the smaller inverted bowl vertically.
- In a skillet with some bacon fat or EVOO. begin to saute onion, garlic, and jalapeno. Season with salt, pepper, chili powder, and cumin. Saute until soft about 5 minutes, then add in corn to heat through another minute. Remove from stove. Add to cream cheese mixture. Spoon into glass pie plate or casserole. Smooth evenly, top with remaining shredded cheese, and sprinkle chipotle chili flakes over the top.
- Bake in oven for about 20-25 minutes or until golden and bubbly. Serve immediately with tortilla chips or crudities. Devour!