This is the ultimate burger experience in my opinion. It’s a mashed up version of two glorious eatables, the cheeseburger and the burrito. I love to keep this simple but truly anything goes. I like making this as a ground beef cheeseburger because I think it is a better taste experience. If you are going to make a burger it should be about the burger.
This is also easier to prepare and will accommodate those who need a well done burger, something that annihilates a burger in my opinion. I make this in my cast iron skillet, which makes for a super delicious juicy meat mixture. I add a bit of heat, with some chipotle chili powder, but I keep the integrity of the all American burger. I top the meat with some pico de gallo, the tomato component and the onion, along with some sliced jalapenos and dill pickle, as well as my chipotle ketcupaise and this is a thing that could catch on. The merging of two great cultures!
If you are looking for something fun, this is a nice change to Taco Tuesday! I urge you to give this a try!
Cheeseburger Stuffed Burritos
The ultimate mash-up cheeseburger and burrito, that is simple to prepare and tastes truly amazing
The onions are from the homemade pico de gallo. See recipe link below. There is plenty of cheese in here, it doesn’t look cheesy but I promise this is cheesy goodness right there.
Credit: CrazySexySavor.com/Susan Mangieri-Maurath
- 1 lb. of ground round
- 6 tortillas
- 1/2 cup of shredded Mexican cheese
- 6 slices of yellow American cheese
- 2 jalapenos thinly sliced, remove seeds if desired
- 1 large dill pickle thinly sliced
- 1/2 small onion diced
- 1/2 cup of pico de gallo Hellacious Pico de Gallo (my recipe is perfect)
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 squirt of yellow mustard
- 1 tsp. of Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup of mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup of ketchup
- 2 tsp. of India relish
- 1/2 diced chipotle in adobo
- 1 1/ tsp. of chipotle chili powder
- Kosher salt and cracked black pepper to taste
For The Chipotle Ketchupaise
In a large bowl combine, mayonnaise, ketchup, relish, and chopped chipotle in adobo. Season with salt and pepper to taste, set aside.
For the Cheeseburger Burritos
- In a large cast iron skillet with a tsp. of vegetable shortening, over medium high heat, add ground round, let sear until browned, add in onion and garlic. Cook with meat, season with salt and cracked pepper, chipotle chili powder. Mix well. Add in Worcestershire sauce, mustard, and cheeses. Mix well and cook until cheese is fully melted. Remove from stove.
- To assemble burritos, lay burritos to cutting board, layer meat, top with pico de gallo if using, then jalapeno and dill pickle. Drizzle with chipotle ketuchaise, and fold the burrito. Continue the same way with all of the burritos. In a skillet over medium heat. Add a drizzle of EVOO, this is just to crisp up the burritos, lightly, Cook about two-minute per side. Remove from heat.
- Serve with more Chipotle Kechupaise and Hellacious Pico de Gallo on the side. Devour!
One Comment Add yours