Since my weight loss surgery, I’ve had to change my whole way of approaching food. Before my surgery I had always known carbs just were not in love with me the way I am with them! My body works so much better on veggies, and protein. I adore a good pizza, and mine is no exception. While I still indulge in carbs once in awhile they are not my go to.
This Crazy Sexy Chicken Crust Pizza is such a great alternative for me and I feel really good about eating it too! I go with mostly veg on mine normally, but I was so virtuous today with my veggies at lunch, that I decided to do pepperoni, and part skim mozz, but you can really go all in with this and do whatever mix you want. I like this so much better than the meatza I use to make when I was doing South Beach long time ago which is the same premise just with cooked ground beef. The chicken is so tasty and when you prebake it, it takes on a great crust-like exterior.
If you are on South Beach, Paleo, have had surgery for weight loss, this is the kind of thing you will be happy you have in your repertoire for when you miss pizza but want to be virtuous! This is a hearty and filling slice and if you have had weight loss surgery like I have, you will barely be able to eat one slice, but it is so worth it! This is perfect for a family meal and trust me the kiddos will eat this and like it, it’s that good!
I hope you give this one a try. It really will surprise you how good it truly takes.
This was done in no time flat with my KitchenAid grinder attachment, but you can use a high powered blender like a Ninja. This was two whole boneless skinless breasts of chicken.
This is looking lovely already. Cheese, spices, chicken and lets get ready to mix. Using food grade disposable gloves make this easier to fit the pizza pan. Make sure to use a little EVOO on your pizza pan so the chicken don’t stick.
Filled out the pizza pan perfectly. This is smelling so amazing!
This is beyond sexy! This is Crazy Sexy Chicken Crust Pizza ya’ll and it is so damn delish! I defy anyone to say this isn’t a proper pizza! Try this tonight!!!
This was my dinner and I can tell you I couldn’t finish it, but I wanted to! Plan on heating some for lunch tomorrow! Give this a try it is so so good!!
Crazy Sexy Chicken Crust Pizza
The perfect pizza fakeout to satisfy your carb Jones. This is super easy, healthy and so good!
Credit: CrazySexySavor.com/Susan Mangieri-Maurath
- 1 1/4 lb. of ground chicken breast meat
- 1/3 cup of grated Pecarino Romano cheee
- 1/3 cup of shredded part skim mozzerella
- 1 tsp. of garlic powder
- Pepperoni slices
- 1/2 tsp. of onion powder
- 1 tsp. of dried oregano
- 1 1/2 tsp. of Italian seasoning
- Pizza sauce homemade or jar
- Mozzerella for topping pizza about 1 1/4 cups
- Kosher salt and cracked black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 450 °
- In a large bowl combine ground chicken, spices, cheeses, salt and pepper. Mix well to combine. Spray a large pie pan with cooking spray or EVOO. With parchment or wax paper, begin to press the chicken mixture into pie pan in a round shape. You can use a rolling pin to help you form it, I am not that particular to be honest. Drizzle with a little bit of EVOO. Bake for 20 minutes, or until cooked through, and lightly golden. Remove from oven, top with sauce, toppings of your choice, and cheese.
- Bake about 10-15 minutes more until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Remove from oven. Cool about five mintues, slice with pizza cutter or knife. Serve with a side salad if desired. Mangia!