This is one of those recipes that is simplicity and sexy all at once. Not only does it taste amazing, it is so simple to make but tastes like it took all day. I love to make this in a cast iron skillet, started on the stove then popped in the oven to finish, then a few more minutes for the sauce stove top and you are done with one amazing chicken dish.
This is an Asian inspired sauce that I like to make a little sweet and spicy by adding some Sambal Oelek. The spicy and sweetness work beautifully. Serve this with wild rice or a nice salad and you will be good to go and dinner is done in about 35 minutes, with little effort!
I hope you give this one a try, this Sassy Honey Garlic Chicken is truly the best!
Season generously with salt, pepper, Chinese Five spice, and garlic powder. Skin side down first to sear, in a hot skillet with EVOO, and butter. 3-4 minutes! NO peeking!!
Don’t worry about the color now, it will finish getting dark and lovely in the oven. It will get gorgeous, promise!
That is such a lovely sight to an Italian girl, I swear! Garlic is life!
Straight out of the oven, no extra oil is necessary, the chicken skin provides plenty of fat for the garlic, you are just letting it sweat and get fragrant about three minutes before you add the soy mixture and the honey. Let it cook for another 4-5 minutes to let the sauce thicken and you will be in Sassy Honey Garlic Chicken heaven!!!
Sassy Honey Garlic Chicken
A subtly sweet and spicy chicken dish that is full of flavor, simple to make and so satisfying!
Credit: CrazySexySavor.com-Susan Mangieri-Maurath
- 5 chicken thighs
- 1/3 cup of honey, (I used Orange blossom)
- 2 1/2 tbsp. of soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tsp. of garlic powder
- 1 tsp. of Chinese Five spice
- 6 cloves of chopped garlic
- 2 tbsp. of white balsamic or rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. of Sambal Oelek (this is a Indonesian chili paste with a little heat)
- 1 tbsp. of brown sugar
- 1/4 cup of water
- Kosher salt and cracked black pepper to taste
- Evoo about 1 tbsp.
- 1 tbsp. of butter
- Preheat oven to 400 °
- Dry off chicken thighs and season with salt, pepper, garlic powder, Chinese Five spice. In a large cast iron skillet over medium high heat, add EVOO and butter. Sear about four minutes per side. Skin side down first. Place in oven for 30 minutes skin side up or until cooked through.
- In a large bowl, whisk together soy sauce, water, brown sugar, vinegar, and Sambal Oelek.
- Remove chicken from oven, over medium heat, add chopped garlic, let saute and get fragrant, about two or three minutes. Add in soy sauce mixture. Add in honey. Mix to incorporate and let mixture bubble and get thick, to make the sauce. It should get thick and sticky (a good thing) after about 4-5 minutes. I like to spoon the sauce over the chicken as the sauce is doing its thing.
- Remove from stove, and plate. Serve with rice, or salad if desired. Devour!
© CrazySexySavor.com 2018. All rights reserved. Images and content copyright protected.