This is one of those recipes that you throw together because you just want something different to make for the family. My family loves buffalo chicken in many forms. I simply took all of the elements of buffalo chicken and made them into an elegant rolled chicken breast, that is beyond amazing. I love this because it is elegant enough for a dinner party or a perfect family dinner.
If you love buffalo chicken and want a different approach, I urge you to give this Stuffed Buffalo Chicken recipe a try, I promise it will be your new favorite!
I like to use wax paper on the cutting board and then pound the chicken using a meat mallet to pound the chicken thinly to allow for the filling to accommodate the chicken. I just lay two pieces of wax paper on the board and put the chicken one piece at a time in between and pound thinly. You want to be firm but not to hard pounding the chicken because you want to minimize tearing and getting the chicken too paper thin.
Kind of odd-shaped but it works. Season the chicken liberally with Kosher salt and cracked black pepper. Season at every stage!
The Danish Blue Cheese I used tasted as amazing as it looks here! To a large bowl add in the cream cheese, blue cheese, Mexican cheddar blend, hot sauce, onion juice, chopped garlic, Kosher salt and cracked black pepper. Set aside. When all the chicken is pounded thinly you can begin to fill the chicken. Place a tablespoon of filling down the center of the roll adding more as needed. And begin to fold in and tuck from the sides and the ends being sure to roll tightly.
In a pie plate beat two eggs with a splash of milk, in a separate pie plate, add the bread crumbs, and the Pecorino Romano cheese, dip the rolled chicken first in egg mixture, then breadcrumb mixture, then repeat. This will ensure a fully coated chicken roll.
Place rolled chicken, covered with plastic wrap in the refrigerator for at least an hour to ensure the breadcrumbs will adhere to chicken.
Preheat oven to 375°. In a large skillet add in some canola oil, over medium high heat begin to sear the Buffalo chicken rolls. About 5 minutes per side as they will finish cooking in the oven.
This is perfect for the oven, as they will get darker as they cook, and will cook through. You will remove these from the oven after about a half hour or until they reach fully cooked with an internal temperature of 165°F.
While chicken is in the oven, in a large bowl combine, hot sauce, BBQ sauce, honey, melted butter, and apple cider vinegar. Combine well.
When chicken is removed from the oven, pour over the sauce making sure to evenly coat all the chicken rolls. Add extra hot sauce as needed. I love the spice so I am generous with my hot sauce!
Serve immediately!! That cheesy goodness is what you are looking for! Yum!! Devour!!
Stuffed Buffalo Chicken Rolls
An elegant twist on buffalo chicken that is so easy, so full of flavor it is perfection!
- You can use Monterey Jack cheese or cheddar if preferred
Credit: CrazySexySavor.com/Susan Mangieri-Maurath
- 6 thinly pounded skinless boneless chicken breasts
- 3 oz. of crumbled blue cheese or gorgonzola
- 1 clove of garlic chopped
- 2 tbsp. of grated onion (you want the onion juice for flavor)
- 8 oz. of softened cream cheese
- 3/4 cup of Mexican cheese blend
- 1/4 cup of hot sauce (I use Texas Pete’s)
- 2 eggs lightly beaten with a splash of milk
- 1 cup of seasoned Italian breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup of grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- Kosher salt and cracked pepper to taste
For the glaze
- 3/4 cup of hot sauce
- 1/4 cup of melted butter
- 1 tbsp. of apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp. of honey
- 1 tbsp. of BBQ sauce (Baby Ray’s preferred)
- In a large glass bowl combine cream cheese, blue cheese, Mexican cheese blend, hot sauce, onion juice, chopped garlic Kosher salt and pepper to taste. Mix well to combine.
- Lay a piece of wax paper on a cutting board place a chicken breast on top, followed by another piece of wax paper. With a meat mallet pound chicken until it is thin enough to be filled. Season chicken with salt and pepper on both sides. Spoon filling on chicken and roll up. Assemble all chicken the same way.
- In a large pie plate beat eggs with a splash of milk.
- Fill another pie plate with breadcrumbs
- Take chicken and dip one piece at a time in egg, then in breadcrumbs. Patting firmly to hold breadcrumbs in place. Transfer to plate and let rolled chicken sit in the fridge for at least an hour for crumbs to adhere to chicken.
- Preheat oven to 375°
- In a large cast iron or oven safe skillet add some canola oil, and two tablespoons of butter. Sear chicken for four or five minutes until lightly golden, turn and do the same for the other side. Place in oven to cook through for 30 minutes, or until internal temperature is 165°F.
- In a large bowl whisk together, melted butter, vinegar, hot sauce, honey, and BBQ sauce, mix well and pour over rolled chicken straight out of the oven. Serve immediately with a salad or rice if preferred. Devour!
© 2018 CrazySexySavor.com. All images and content copyright protected.