Hopefully you have already seen my recipe for Perfectly Pan Seared Duck Breast and have been compelled to make it! If not no worries, if you have some duck fat lying around, that will suffice.
I first fell in love with Duck Fat Truffle Fries in Miami a few years ago and I have never looked back. They were delicious and I swear I had a love affair with them unabashedly right in front of my fireman. I could not stop myself from devouring them and my fireman and I were slapping hands away to get at the last bit of these heavenly fries. So I say this with peace and love, be prepared to be amazed and don’t say I didn’t warn you. These will be your new go to fry.
So fast forward to the fact that my healthy eating habits have led me to modify my eating somewhat. Now of course frying french fries is the indulgent way to enjoy fries, after all they aren’t called french fries for nothing, however if you crisp these perfectly in the oven you will have yourself some gloriously delish, Duck Fat Oven Roasted Steak Fries with Truffle Salt and Parmesan. The flavor of these with the addition of all of the profiles offered up here is what takes this over the top. But honestly, the rock star here is the duck fat! Now I didn’t use very much duck fat to coat these and it still walloped a huge flavor punch. So I considered this a wildly mild indulgence and didn’t feel guilty eating a few with my dinner, which was smoked chicken, oven roasted asparagus, and a nice garden salad with a bunch of farm fresh veg! See it’s all about balance.
I hope you give these Duck Fat Oven Roasted Steak Fries with Truffle Salt and Parmesan a try. They are truly soo sinfully good!
Perfectly coated steak fries. In a large bowl, combine duck fat, cayenne pepper, onion salt blend if using, ( a word about Onion Salt from Trader Joe’s, it is a blend of onion salt, garlic powder, granulated garlic, green onion and chives, it also has Kosher salt so scale back a bit on the Kosher salt if you are using this blend), Kosher salt and cracked black pepper, and mix with your hands to combine. Lay the fries out on a sheet pan, and roast in a 450° oven for 30-35 minutes or until golden, turning halfway through to brown evenly.
Perfectly golden and not overdone. Remove from sheet pan and immediately sprinkle with parmesan cheese and some Truffle salt.
Here you can see the light sprinkling of the Truffle salt glistening on the hot fries, along with a sprinkling of parmesan cheese. Serve with garlic aioli if desired. Serve immediately. Devour!
Duck Fat Oven Roasted Steak Fries with Truffle Salt and Parmesan
A sinfully delicious full of flavor fry that will soon become your favorite way to enjoy french fries!
- 4 large russet potatoes
- 3 tbsp. of rendered duck fat
- 1 1/2 tsp. of Onion Salt blend (Trader Joe’s) or substitute garlic powder
- 3/4 tsp. of cayenne pepper
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tbsp. of grated parmesan cheese or to your taste preference
- Truffle salt to sprinkle over finished steak fries (Truffle salt is a sea salt that contains black or white truffles, which are highly prized by chefs for their unique flavor and what it lends to recipes, it can be found at specialty gourmet stores or TJ Maxx, if you are lucky to score some the way I did last time I was shopping. You can sub in truffle oil if you prefer but I like the mild taste of the truffle salt, and you don’t want to detract from the glorious duck fat flavor profile!
- Preheat oven to 450°
- Peel the potatoes and cut into steak fry wedges. Place cut potatoes into a large bowl, pour over the duck fat, add in Kosher salt, cracked black pepper, cayenne, and onion salt blend if using. Mix with your hands to combine evenly and make sure that the fries are evenly coated.
- On a large sheet pan, lay steak fries in an even layer, and bake for 30 minutes. Turning half way, to ensure crispy even oven fries. When they are golden, remove from oven, sprinkle with a generous amount of parmesan cheese, mix well to combine, then sprinkle a light amount of truffle salt over the top and serve immediately with ketchup or my recipe for Oven Roasted Steak Fries with Garlic Aioli Dipping Sauce! Devour!
© CrazySexySavor.com 2018. All rights reserved. Images and content copyright protected.