I love this dish. It truly breathes new life into chicken and makes a fancy, flavorful presentation for a simple dinner party or just a weeknight family meal. The pesto cooks and encases the chicken to keep it moist and flavorful. You can use store-bought pesto if you’d like, just be sure to add in some walnut, and lemon zest and juice for a fresher, homemade tas
I hope you give this one a try, I think you will be pleasantly surprised. Equally as good with salmon. Same technique, just cook for a much shorter time for 10-12 minutes. So good!
Spinach Pesto Crusted Chicken
An elegant way to serve chicken or fish, that's flavorful, easy and so delish!
- This starts out a verdant green, which I forgot to show you, and darkens as it roasts, don’t let the color turn you off, it holds in the flavor and is juicy and so delish! Promise!
- chicken breast or halved fryer chicken bone in, neck bone removed
- 1 1/2 cups of Sexy Spinach Pesto
- zest of one lemon
- Kosher salt and cracked black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°. Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- In a medium bowl, mix pesto with lemon zest, add a bit of oil if it seems tight. Spread on chicken evenly coating. This is where your hands come in handy! LOL! Place chicken on lightly oiled sheet pan. Drizzle chicken with a bit more EVOO. Roast for about 45 minutes, until juices run clear or thermometer reads 165° F. Let chicken rest for several minutes tented with foil, then cut into pieces and serve immediately.